Mairelon the Magician Patricia C Wrede Books

Mairelon the Magician Patricia C Wrede Books
I read this book quick enough — I'm a fairly quick reader — but there were two or three scenes that were annoying, distracting, and ... damn near unreadable. One such scene had at least 10(!) characters in it. Another had at least 14! Ridiculous.I don't care how well you write, when you have that many characters in a scene, it becomes a jumbled mess full of noise making it difficult to follow.
I did enjoy the story itself, however, even if the ending bordered on straining credibility, in my opinion.

Tags : Amazon.com: Mairelon the Magician (9780765342324): Patricia C. Wrede: Books,Patricia C. Wrede,Mairelon the Magician,Starscape,0765342324,Fantasy - General,Fantasy fiction.,Children's BooksAges 9-12 Fiction,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Juvenile Fiction Fantasy & Magic,Love & Romance,Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Magic,Science fiction (Children'sYA),YOUNG ADULT FICTION,Young Adult Fiction Fantasy General
Mairelon the Magician Patricia C Wrede Books Reviews
Fun read, liked the main characters a lot.
Not a perfect story, a bunch of characters were introduced all at once which I found confusing and the reason for the M.C to be taken on as an apprentice were pretty thin.
BUT! Fun all the same
A really great book to read, I had read this one year's ago in paperback but forgot how good it was. It is a lighthearted read with plenty of things to make you laugh especially from around chapter twenty on. Just enough mystery and serious bits to make it good. Done in the time when wagons and gas lights where still around, really seems more like a good historical book than a fantasy.
In some ways this book is written for young teens, and in some ways it is written for older teens, and in some ways it is written for adults. It is not written for pre-teens.
A lot of the background involving 19th Century England (socially and especially in terms of occult theory) probably is not going to make a ton of sense to younger readers. In some ways the book suffers from being too realistic (aside from the existance of magic). But Wrede does not believe in talking down to her younger readers, so expect some serious themes and situations.
On the other hand, she doesn't take the same level of reality into the interpersonal relationships of the characters. Instead, they seem to fit in more with a book for young teens or even pre-teens. The mixture of adult writing and young adult adventure just doesn't work as well in a realistic setting as it does in Wrede's Enchanted Forest books.
I liked the book, but adults should really try the Enchanted Forest series first. (Since I'm 36, I won't even try to predict whether teens would like the book.)
Just read it. Characters that are not cliched saving the world but are just interesting and fun to follow around. Consistent and satisfying dialog, world building and people. There are some writers that I not only don't mind paying to read but also provokes in me a desire torun up and force some money into their hands to go buy a really good dinner or a skateboard or whatever their little hearts desire. This is one of those writers. Just write it and I will buy it. So, just read it. Give woman some money so she will write more books.
This is a nicely written story and like popcorn, I couldn't put it down. I've rated it 4 stars because Patricia C Wrede has gotten so much better in her more recent stories. The plotting, world building and character development are all better than average but it will be awhile before I bother to reread this and the next.
Sadly, this book was a tedious excuse for the author to reach the climactic scene, which, apparently, she thought was funny and clever. Since she actually knew the story, it may well have been so for her. Alas, she forget to develop the characters enough to make the climax interesting for the rest of us. Apart from that, the heroine is a chirpy lil gal hiding out as a boy and a sometime-thief, just waiting for a father-lover figure who happens to be wealthy to happen along and need her assistance while he teaches her how to improve herself....yawn. This author can do much better. Go read ANY of her other books (except the tedious chocolate pot one, co-authored by another decent writer who should have known better).
A Magical mystery, adventure Romp set in historical England. A young orphan girl is drawn into an intrigue with some increasingly intriguing wizardly Lord's, Ladies. Which ones are the villans? Delightful dialogue - playful grammatical sub-stories abound. Ms Wrede keeps us all on our toes and sorts it all out in the end. The sequel is equally delightful.
I read this book quick enough — I'm a fairly quick reader — but there were two or three scenes that were annoying, distracting, and ... damn near unreadable. One such scene had at least 10(!) characters in it. Another had at least 14! Ridiculous.
I don't care how well you write, when you have that many characters in a scene, it becomes a jumbled mess full of noise making it difficult to follow.
I did enjoy the story itself, however, even if the ending bordered on straining credibility, in my opinion.

0 Response to "[KP7]⇒ Descargar Free Mairelon the Magician Patricia C Wrede Books"
Post a Comment