The TruthSeeker’s Handbook A ScienceBased Guide eBook Gleb Tsipursky Lexie Holliday

The TruthSeeker’s Handbook A ScienceBased Guide eBook Gleb Tsipursky Lexie Holliday
We all imagine that our beliefs, decisions, and actions are based on a sound foundation. Unfortunately, that rosy opinion of ourselves is often false. Our own brains have a tendency to take convenient shortcuts, such as "gut reactions" and a reliance of "cognitive biases" that lead us astray.Shortcuts save time and energy - that's why we use them - but occasionally they create personal or societal disasters. If we could only remember to search for the truth before major decisions, we'd all be better off. Dr. Gleb Tsipursky has written a wonderful book to help us cut through misinformation, emotional traps, and hone in on the truth.
I found lots of practical information, stuff that we might (or might not) learn through the hard knocks of life. The "Individual Truth-Seeking" section was my favorite part of the book. I've figured out some of this on my own, but if such a clear presentation had been available a couple of decades ago, the road would have been smoother and I'd be a happier person.
The second section, "Truth-Seeking & Other People" is also useful. I plan to study this material and try to use it habitually. I am strongly drawn to Chapter 28 "Collaborative Truth-Seeking" and Chapter 29 "Having Trouble Resolving Disagreements? Here Are Some Effective Techniques."
I'm a bit burned out politically, so the final section "Truth Seeking & Civic Life" was less enjoyable for me. But that says more about me than Dr. Tsipursky's writing. It doesn't matter if we are Liberal or Independent or Conservative. It's important that politicians base their policies on real facts and rational thinking. We voters must recognize (and resist) when politicians are trying to manipulate us through our biases and emotions. And above all, we must recognize good journalism and avoid being fooled by fake news.
Again, our political viewpoints aren't nearly as important as HOW we arrive there. The third section of this book helps a lot.
Finally, unlike a lot of "non-fiction" books on the market, this one is meticulously researched and referenced. Buy the e-book version and you will find links to every claim made. Look up the hard facts and scientific research for yourself. You should expect no less from book about Truth. Gleb Tsipursky delivers his premise and backs it up.
This book is worth multiple readings.

Tags : Buy The Truth-Seeker's Handbook: A Science-Based Guide: Read 21 Kindle Store Reviews - Amazon.com,ebook,Gleb Tsipursky, Lexie Holliday,The Truth-Seeker’s Handbook: A Science-Based Guide,Intentional Insights,Business & Economics Decision-Making & Problem Solving,Education Decision-Making & Problem Solving
The TruthSeeker’s Handbook A ScienceBased Guide eBook Gleb Tsipursky Lexie Holliday Reviews
If you are truly serious about changing your mind to change your life, this is the book and process to make it happen.
Dr. Gleb uses real-life and personal stories as case studies on how Decision Theory can actually improve your life by changing your mind from its default (system 1) way of thinking to an intentional (system 2) way of thinking.
I will use this book for the rest of my life!
I love this book, because it both values truth highly, and helps us use true facts and research to improve our lives. Dr. Tsipursky is an altruist working tirelessly to help make the world a better place for all of us. He writes in user-friendly prose, giving good examples and illustrations of his points. I think this should be required reading and study for all students before they graduate high school. These tools will help people be better parents, friends, citizens and help the world be better as a whole.
If you value truth and want to see more of it in the world, I recommend you go to the website of Dr. Tsipursky's nonprofit Intentional Insights. Learn about the Pro-Truth Pledge, take it, and encourage others to take it as well. This Pledge has the potential to help us hold our politicians and media more accountable if they speak falsely. The Pledge can also help the rest of us live lives of greater truth and integrity.
The one improvement I think it could use I'm looking forward to the next edition with a more polished layout.
If you are looking to step away from all the confusion with fake news and find a place to stand grounded in facts this book is a "must." It is, IMO, a foundational book that is a great reference for determining where to begin when building a comprehensive, focused approach to assessing one's own approach to facts and opinions as well as examining statements/claims made by others. The breadth of concepts covered is good. The one shortcoming I found is an occasional lack of connectivity or flow in some of the presentations, e.g., some of the questions asked at the end of a chapter. It's important to emphasize, though, I view this as very minor. The book is a keeper.
A companion book to consider is Jay Henrichs, "Thank You For Arguing," which dives directly into rhetorical flaws often used to disseminate illogical, misleading arguments.
The Truth Seekers Handbook is a collection of articles written and collected by Gleb Tsipursky.
It introduces the reader to the various biases modern people may suffer from, keeping them from accurately perceiving the truth, as well as the tools to overcome them.
The methods are based in science and well documented, and the author gives examples of use as well as anecdotes from his own experiences while explaining how they work.
Gleb also uses real world situations when pointing out the different biases and obstacles to truth in modern life, but commendably stays as neutral as humanely possible when it comes to the political scene.
He ends the book with a “call to arms” against lies, alternate facts and fake news, in the form of the Pro-Truth Pledge, a grass root movement to further truth in politics, and keep politicians and public figures honest, something that strikes me as a useful, and seriously needed, measure in the current political climate.
I found the book to be an interesting read, and though I pride myself on some insight in both the human psyche and fact seeking in general, I still found several new tools.
I recommend reading the book from start to finish, and then use it as reference, when the need arises. This is an easy task, since the chapters are in article form and each deals with a separate term or tool.
All in all I really recommend this book to anyone seeking a bit more clarity in their everyday lives, while navigating fellows, news and politics.
We all imagine that our beliefs, decisions, and actions are based on a sound foundation. Unfortunately, that rosy opinion of ourselves is often false. Our own brains have a tendency to take convenient shortcuts, such as "gut reactions" and a reliance of "cognitive biases" that lead us astray.
Shortcuts save time and energy - that's why we use them - but occasionally they create personal or societal disasters. If we could only remember to search for the truth before major decisions, we'd all be better off. Dr. Gleb Tsipursky has written a wonderful book to help us cut through misinformation, emotional traps, and hone in on the truth.
I found lots of practical information, stuff that we might (or might not) learn through the hard knocks of life. The "Individual Truth-Seeking" section was my favorite part of the book. I've figured out some of this on my own, but if such a clear presentation had been available a couple of decades ago, the road would have been smoother and I'd be a happier person.
The second section, "Truth-Seeking & Other People" is also useful. I plan to study this material and try to use it habitually. I am strongly drawn to Chapter 28 "Collaborative Truth-Seeking" and Chapter 29 "Having Trouble Resolving Disagreements? Here Are Some Effective Techniques."
I'm a bit burned out politically, so the final section "Truth Seeking & Civic Life" was less enjoyable for me. But that says more about me than Dr. Tsipursky's writing. It doesn't matter if we are Liberal or Independent or Conservative. It's important that politicians base their policies on real facts and rational thinking. We voters must recognize (and resist) when politicians are trying to manipulate us through our biases and emotions. And above all, we must recognize good journalism and avoid being fooled by fake news.
Again, our political viewpoints aren't nearly as important as HOW we arrive there. The third section of this book helps a lot.
Finally, unlike a lot of "non-fiction" books on the market, this one is meticulously researched and referenced. Buy the e-book version and you will find links to every claim made. Look up the hard facts and scientific research for yourself. You should expect no less from book about Truth. Gleb Tsipursky delivers his premise and backs it up.
This book is worth multiple readings.

0 Response to "[6KU]∎ Libro The TruthSeeker’s Handbook A ScienceBased Guide eBook Gleb Tsipursky Lexie Holliday"
Post a Comment